GET A RARE LOOK INSIDE A BALD EAGLE NEST IN THE WILD

Dogs Are People Too!

This blog is dedicated to our four-legged friends-everyone's favorite pet-the beloved dog. Here we can discuss anything and everything related to dogs. We can share stories, photos, health and training tips, grooming tips; anything and everything related to the canines in our lives. Welcome and please do not hesitate to comment! I love to read other's stories and this blog was created to share. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back often!
ABOUT MAGGIE-We decided to get a puppy and began scouring the local online market places in the beginning of July in 2005. We answered an ad that was advertising small, mixed breed pups, made an appointment and drove an hour north to NordingrĂ¥ to visit the puppies. The breeder had the puppies out in her yard in a small enclosure. The pups were 8 weeks old. She told us that the mother was a Papillon and that the father was a Yorkshire Terrier. Both parents were there. One of the puppies looked very much like a Chihuahua, as he was short-haired and black and tan colored. I questioned the owner, because the father of the puppies did not look like a pure bred Yorkie to me, but she insisted that he was.There were four puppies in the litter. One had been sold already. Beside the one that looked like a Chihuahua, there was Maggie and then another female that had the same features as Maggie, only she was all brown with a black stripe running down the middle of her back. We decided that we liked the coloring of little Maggie and her sweet disposition, so we happily bought her and took her home that day.I have heard of so many names of this mixed breed. They can be called Yorkipaps, Papiyorks or Yorkillons! Maggie has the Yorkie face with the Pap ears and coloring. So many people that meet her have said what a perfect combination of breeds she seems to be!One of the neat things about Maggie is that we will never forget her birthday. She was born on May 5, 2005, so it's 5/5/05! So I suppose you could say that her lucky number is 5!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dogs,Dogs Wonderful Dogs!


If you are reading this article, then I would guess that you are a person like me in the fact that you love dogs! Perhaps more specifically, your own dog or a past dog that was a big part of your life. Dogs are without a doubt the most popular type of house pet in the entire civilized world. And for good reason.
I cannot imagine my life being 'dog-less'. I grew up with dogs. All of my childhood memories involve the family dog that we had at that time. I have fond memories of our Wired Hair Terrier that we four children got as a suprise Christmas present from our parents when I was nine years old. She came into our lives on Christmas morning with a red satin ribbon tied around her nine week old neck. My mother christened her 'Chrissy Noel' in commeration of the day she joined the family.
Then there was Lizzy, the wonderful Collie pup that we rescued in a blizzard. Some horribly mean spirited person had driven the entire litter of puppies into our small town early one morning, in hopes, we assumed, that the towns' people would take pity on the poor, shivering puppies and give them homes. Thankfully it did happen, as every one of the six puppies were adopted by people doing their banking or shopping that cold winter morning. Lizzie was a fixture in our home for 14 years. We got another dog when Lizzie was about 8 years old-a scruffy black 'mop' named Archie. Lizzie immediately saw to it that Archie would not drink out of the in-ground swimming pool, as he loved to do. When he bent down and leaned over the edge of the pool, Lizzie would run over to him, walk in between him and the pool and force him away from the water!
Dogs. Such fine memories. I plan on always having a dog in my life as long as I am mobile and have the capacity to care for him or her and provide the necessary daily exercise that dogs need. I never get tired of meeting a new dog when I'm out on a stroll with my little Papillon, Yorkie mix. I love watching young puppies romping and play in the fall leaves, or tire when being walked on the leash, and just simply sit or lay down because they are 'pooped out'.
Dogs. Gotta love 'em! I have yet to meet a dog that I didn't like. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about people! I never really 'get it' when a person says that they don't like dogs. How could that be? Why? Dogs love us no matter what. They are loyal until the end. They look to us for everything and depend on us to feed and care for them and love them. What's not to like about that?
Top Quality Pet Supplies Online!
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete


A Video Worth Watching - A dog and An Elephant!