GET A RARE LOOK INSIDE A BALD EAGLE NEST IN THE WILD

Dogs Are People Too!

This blog is dedicated to our four-legged friends-everyone's favorite pet-the beloved dog. Here we can discuss anything and everything related to dogs. We can share stories, photos, health and training tips, grooming tips; anything and everything related to the canines in our lives. Welcome and please do not hesitate to comment! I love to read other's stories and this blog was created to share. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back often!
ABOUT MAGGIE-We decided to get a puppy and began scouring the local online market places in the beginning of July in 2005. We answered an ad that was advertising small, mixed breed pups, made an appointment and drove an hour north to NordingrĂ¥ to visit the puppies. The breeder had the puppies out in her yard in a small enclosure. The pups were 8 weeks old. She told us that the mother was a Papillon and that the father was a Yorkshire Terrier. Both parents were there. One of the puppies looked very much like a Chihuahua, as he was short-haired and black and tan colored. I questioned the owner, because the father of the puppies did not look like a pure bred Yorkie to me, but she insisted that he was.There were four puppies in the litter. One had been sold already. Beside the one that looked like a Chihuahua, there was Maggie and then another female that had the same features as Maggie, only she was all brown with a black stripe running down the middle of her back. We decided that we liked the coloring of little Maggie and her sweet disposition, so we happily bought her and took her home that day.I have heard of so many names of this mixed breed. They can be called Yorkipaps, Papiyorks or Yorkillons! Maggie has the Yorkie face with the Pap ears and coloring. So many people that meet her have said what a perfect combination of breeds she seems to be!One of the neat things about Maggie is that we will never forget her birthday. She was born on May 5, 2005, so it's 5/5/05! So I suppose you could say that her lucky number is 5!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dog Clothing-Is It Right Or Wrong?


Now, this is just WRONG!

Clothing for dogs has become a very lucrative business for many canine lovers. You can now buy dog clothing with ease, both online and in boutiques; especially in larger cities. Owning smaller dogs is very popular these days, partly due to the fact that they are easy to take along with you, and also because so many people live in smaller living spaces and can accommodate a smaller pet.
I must admit that I do own a few dog jackets for my small Yorkillon mixed breed. When it's raining heavy, I put a lightweight raincoat on her as she absolutely hates to go outside in the rain. When it becomes really cold outside (below zero Fahrenheit) I slip a fleece-lined red jacket on her, which keeps her belly warm and prevents the snow from 'balling up' and tangling her fur. This is as far as I go with dressing my dog.
I have seen numerous websites that sell all kinds of clothing for dogs. Everything ranging from t shirts, hooded sweatshirts, boots and even pajamas! I know that the media shows many celebrity women carrying around their small dogs dressed in outfits, and it somehow became 'hip' or 'posh' to dress dogs up in all kinds of hideous outfits. To me, I get the impression that they look at their dogs as toys or dolls in some respect. Fun little things to play with and make fashion statements to the world!
I cannot even imagine putting a pair of pajamas on my dog at night! Talk about un-natural! I know there are many people out there who totally disagree with me. They think that they have the right to dress their dogs if they please to do so, with which I agree, but I honestly do not think that the dogs who must endure the changing of clothing several times daily are the happiest creatures on earth.
Now I also know that there are those people out there that do not think that a dog should ever wear any type of clothing-not even a rain or winter jacket. I can say that I think dog outerwear has become quite acceptable for some of the practical reasons I stated earlier. I have never spoken to a dog owner who has closets full of clothing for their four-legged friends, so I really cannot say what their justifications are for this behavior. All I can say is that I personally find it a bit disturbing and totally ridiculous. What do you think?
Written by Cin Rupp. Come and visit my blog and see some really cute photos of Maggie!
http://mycutemutt.blogspot.com/ Best Top-Quality Pet Sypplies!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment


A Video Worth Watching - A dog and An Elephant!